Our wilderness community is located in the Chilcotin Ark of British Columbia, Canada. This 2.5 million hectare area is of international ecological importance.
The Chilcotin Ark is ....
- A crucial refuge for plant and animal species in times of climate change
- Uniquely bio-diverse
And home to...
- 11 of the 29 big game species of North America
- Blue Listed* American mountain goats
- Blue Listed grizzly bears
- Blue Listed California Bighorn sheep
- Federally and provincially protected woodland caribou
- Abundant populations of the endangered white - bark pine
- 12 of the 16 biogeoclimatic zones of British Columbia
*Blue Listed species are sensitive or vulnerable to human activities or natural events and so increases our responsibility to conserve them.
Find out more from our partner, the Chilcotin Ark Institute